Pages

Friday, August 27, 2010

Baby Shower

A friend of mine recently had a baby shower. She has a 10 year old boy and was surprised with a second pregnancy…a girl! Being me, I had to make all kinds of things.

Wanna see?

IMG_9735

Baby diapers turned into burping cloths. Embroidered with sweet Caroline Julia’s initials, then trimmed out in the sweetest ruffles.

IMG_9738

Embroidered onesie with matching brown and pink bows.

IMG_9740

Another sweet embroidered onesie, to match her new…

IMG_9742

Tutu!!! I loved making this. Think I’ll do a tutorial on this. Just have to buy more tulle. I think I may even start selling these.

IMG_9743

 

 

Doesn’t the sweet onesie look adorable with the tutu? I can’t wait to see Julia wearing it!

I was giddy after making it…giddy for another baby. Still praying that God will bless us with one.

 

 

 

IMG_9744

I just think this is the sweetest look! I wish I had made a matching headband for it. Think I will work on that. NEW PROJECT! Suh-weet!!!

IMG_9745 IMG_9747 Then there was the diaper cake! I couldn’t do a baby shower without one!

IMG_9748

I used my Cricut to cut out her name. I think it added the perfect touch!

IMG_9749 IMG_9750

I made sure the gift wrapping matched as well. If you look at the diaper cake, it’s sitting on a box. I used the Cricut to cut out “polka dots” since she was using the brown and pink polka dot theme in the nursery.

I had a blast making these items for her. This was one of those moments when you think…I should be doing this for a living. Hopefully….I will soon. Have to explain in another post!

My apologies for the dark pictures. By the time I finished the diaper cake it was almost midnight. I was trying not to disturb my sleeping family…bad lighting!

Have a GREAT day!

A.Rose

No comments: