Pages

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Failed???

I just found this on Womans World Magazine. So I had to share it with you!


I find myself in need of a little inspiration these days. I have a couple new ventures I am thinking about, but I just don't have the guts to go with it. I keep making excuses as to why they won't work or that it would just cost "too much money" and what if I didn't make anything out of it. Yet here we are spending all this time and money on our daughter's dream, all the time telling her that if nothing ever comes of it at least she had the experience. Funny how we tell our kids to live the dream and that they can be whatever they want to be and yet when it comes to us, we always make excuses. What am I teaching my daughter?

In a couple months I turned 29 and though I've joked and said I'll never turn 30, (I'm going to be 20-10 next year!) that harsh reality is facing me. I know 30 is young, that's not my point. I just wanted to be something by the time I was 30. I wanted to make a difference in this world...outside of my hometown. At 30 years old, my mother had already survived open heart surgery and almost dying in labor with her first child. She went through countless other surgeries before dying 11 days after my 10th birthday. At 30 my father had already survived the 2nd world war. (He was 65 when I was born and 86 when he died the day before my 21st birthday.) At 30, what will I say I've done?

What have you done?


3 comments:

Liz Harrell said...

Boy howdy.... do I ever hear you on this one. THIS post is pretty close to what's on my heart these days too.
Hugs,
Liz

Anonymous said...

What a great post!

If you get a chance, come by my Blog for a visit. I did a post on the San Francisco Gift Show where my Pillows were featured.
Have a great day,
Aimee

Amelia said...

Well...you asked!....By the time I reached 30....My first husband had been killed in a accident...I remarried ....I had 3 little girls and was expecting twins! Life doesn't always go the way WE think it should. We always look for the huge and great things that we think we should have accomplished, instead of seeing all the small and wonderful things we have done that maybe have had a huge impact or made a great difference in someone else's life.... I'm sure you have helped out a friend in their time of need etc. Rather than looking at the big picture in a way that says I'm not a Doctor or lawyer or President...what matters most is the type of person you became...anyone can have a fancy career or be of high status...but at the end of the day what matters most is what you've done with the talents God has given you...and who you are as a person! I've had to learn that the hard way! Being 30 is great and things just get better after that...even though I still lie and tell my kids I'm only 30 (just in case they blab to their friends! Ha!) I hope you have a fantastic day...Keep smiling! :0)