Pages

Monday, December 7, 2009

My PB knock off wreath

I'm sure you've seen this wreath all over blogland



But I REALLY love it, so I had to make my own


I purchased a simple wreath at Wal-mart for $2.00 (no, it wasn't on clearance), red and silver balls for $2.50 a pack, and some pretty shimmery silver wired ribbon for $5.00. )I'm sure you could find the ribbon cheaper or use what you have already, but I went ahead and bought it.



I already had the "Sturdy Twists" at home. This is like the twisty ties you get on a loaf of bread, but it's for tomato plants. I bought quite a few packs at the end of the summer...these were on clearance. $1.00 a pack.



All I did was cut a piece of the twisty tie loop it through the ball and twist around a branch. Since I'm using this indoors and in a place that shouldn't be touched until I get ready to take it down, I didn't see the need to glue the balls to the silver thingy you hang them with. It might be a good idea to glue them if you will be using your wreath outside.



I use the silver ribbon to hang the wreath and to make a gorgeous bow. I made the bow with my Bowdabra. (love it!) I can make them by hand, but the Bowdabra makes it so much quicker. They're around $10.00 at Walmart, Hobby Lobby, Michaels, etc...

I'm sure you're going to ask about my runner...right? It's burlap! I keep seeing these beautiful runners all over blogland and I have been dying for one of my own. Since I had company coming, I quickly cut a 16" by 6' piece to run the length of my table. I didn't hem it, glue it, or do anything else to it...at least not yet. I intend to stencil the ends and hem the sides, but that's for another post. :)




Then there's my beautiful apothecary jars! Found these at Ross while Christmas shopping for other people. Funny how that works. The balls are just a few leftover from the wreath and the pine cones are presents from my hubby. Every time he goes hunting, he brings a few back. I sure love my little presents! He thinks I'm crazy for wanting to decorate with them. Men?!?!?




I couldn't leave well enough alone...found a couple cinnamon candles at Wal-mart for $1.50 each. The white candles I already had.




Ahhh. I smile every time I walk in the kitchen/dining room.

That's what life is about...right???

Now...to get those other 3 chairs done...maybe sometime in 2010! LOL!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

I just want everyone to know that the photos of her dinning room do not do it justice. She did a wonderful job and it looks great. She also made me a memory board and I love it. Thanks "Net"