Pages

Monday, January 12, 2009

Just a few crafts

I have to apologize for the length of time since my last post. My hubby came home last Thursday night and we have been running like crazy since then. I found a few awesome deals at a local antique store and Goodwill, I will post those tomorrow.

Here are a few of my recent crafts...
I know it's after Christmas, but I thought I'd post my wreath. I enjoyed making this. My husband brought the grapevine home from one of his hunting trips. He wound the vine to create the wreath and I decorated it. I was so excited at the end result!
This isn't really a craft, but I love these. I managed to get the candle holders for $12.00 for the set at Home Again Antiques. A local antique store. They were normally $24.00. The candles came from the Dollar Store's after Halloween clearance sale. I paid $2.00 a piece for them. They were normally $8.00 each.
These picture frames were 99 cents at the Goodwill. They were originally gold and white. I drybrushed them a deep chocolate brown. The swag was $1.99 at Goodwill. I added the lavender flowers...much better!
I found this wreath and these frames at Goodwill as well. The frames were 49 cents and the wreath was 99 cents. I drybrused these frames the same chocolate brown. The dark purple flowers were all over the wreath. I cut most of them off and then added the lavender flowers and the mauve bow.
This started as 3 hearts. I added leaves, flowers, and a bow to go along with the other floral arrangements. The frame was 99 cents, also from Goodwill and drybrushed with the chocolate brown paint.

It was fun creating a look for my office. I started with bare cream walls. I couldn't stand it. Now I have wonderful pictures of my family, along with pretty, girlie, floral arrangements. The total costs was around $15.00, including the paint! A year ago, I wouldn' t have stepped foot inside a Goodwill. Now, I go in there trying to find a new project. To all of you out there wishing you could be crafty...you've got to start somewhere...why not help someone out by shopping at your local Goodwill?

Happy hunting.

No comments: