Pages

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Awesome Consignment Store Find!

Good afternoon! This antique vanity isn't the conignment store find I am referring to, but I just love it. My husband's sister had it in a storage room collecting dust. I wanted to paint it white, unfortunately the hubby won't let me. So...I cleaned it up and added a few accessories. The 2 blue and white vases are from Marshalls. $3.00 a piece on clearance! Below is a better pic of the vases.

Here is the awesome consignment store find. Can you believe this chair was $4.00??? I couldn't believe it! I am going to paint the legs and recover the seat. I haven't decided what fabric I'd like to use. Once I decide, I'll post the finished product.This will be my first try at recovering a seat, so wish me luck!

I really love this blogging thing. Of course, I think most of my time has been spent reading other people's posts, not that this is a bad thing. I've learned a lot. I guess I am naive, though. I didn't realize there were so many people out there that like the same wonderful things I do. I look forward to getting to know all of my sister bloggers! Have a wonderful Tuesday night!!

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Hi! Thanks for visiting my blog and for the follow. No, I can't believe you found that chair for only $4.00. I've been hoping I'll find a nice chair and ottoman for my bedroom that can be recovered. I suppose I need to go looking before I can expect to find one huh? I love the blue and white pieces. I too have found some really nice ones at T.J. Maxx at a resonable price. Good luck on the chair project. I can't wait to see the finished product.

Terrie's Lil' Piece of Serenity said...

Hey, I ran into your blog at Grand Occasions. I think you would fit in perfectly with my group of friends. Come on over!! I love your blog! Terrie