Pages

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Chalkboard earring holder

Here is an easy way to make an earring holder 
(and a good excuse to use the chalkboard paint I bought forever ago)


Get yourself an old picture frame and a screen. You can use a piece of window screen, chicken wire, etc. I've even seen people string yarn or wire across a picture frame. Whatever suits you.


Prime and paint the picture frame. I painted it black to make a nice base for the black chalkboard paint.


Once the primer and paint dries, spray on / brush on a coat of chalkboard paint. I bought mine at Hobby Lobby, but Wal-mart, Lowe's and many other places sell the stuff.

Make sure to let the chalkboard paint dry for at least 24 hours before touching it!

Once the paint has dried, attach your screen to the back of the frame. I used hot glue. You could also use a heavy duty stapler.

I also added a couple pieces of pretty ribbon to make a hanger. You can do whatever your heart desires at this point.

Run a piece of chalk (held sideways) all over the frame, then rub off. This makes the chalkboard paint set and you can write until you are a happy camper. 

I just wrote my daughter's initials.


Put you some pretty earrings on it and hang it on the wall. 

Lovely!!!







No comments: